All details relating to this years camp are under the Summer Camp 2017 tab. We are delighted to have two very brilliant coaches come to facilitate our Intermediate & Senior Camps. They are Francis O’Sullivan (Head Coach – Brunell BC Cork) and Brian O’Malley (Head Coach – Killester BC Dublin)
The club AGM will take place on Tuesday 30th May 2017 in Arena 7 at 8.00pm. It would be great to have a member from each family in attendance.
The following are the arrangements for each of the groups for the month of May
- U8’s will continue until Sat 20th May
- U10 girls continue until Sat 20th May
- U10 boys will be finishing this Sat 6th
- U11 girls – Coach will be in contact direct – no finish date decided
- U12 girls – are finished for the season – (possible friendly)
- U11 boys are continuing training 6th May 11.45am-1pm.
- U11 and U12 boys are combining sessions Saturday13th and 20th 11.4am – 1.15pm.
- U11 and U12 boys are finishing season on Saturday 20th May.
- U14 girls – are finished for the season
- U14 boys – Coach will be in contact direct – no finish date decided
- U16 girls – Coach will be in contact direct – no finish date decided
- U16 boys – are finished for the season
- U18 boys – Session next Monday – Coach will decide then
- Good Luck to both our U16 Girls and U16 Boys as they travel to Kikenny and Kerry this weekend to play in the AICC’s – All Ireland Club Championships. The girls have Longford Falcons and Tralee Imperials and their games tomorrow are at 10am and 3pm. The boys have KCYMS and Kilkenny Stars in their pool and they play at 12.30 and 3.00pm. Further game times will be decided on the result of these games.
- Presentation Night Sunday 30th April –
Tickets will be on sale in the Convent on
Saturday 22nd – 2.15pm to 4.45pm and 6pm to 7pm;
Wednesday 26th – 6pm to 7pm.
There will be NO TICKETS on sale on Saturday 29th April or on the night. All players playing U14 basketball should be accompanied by an adult on the night.
- The club AGM will take place on Tuesday 30th May in Arena 7 at 8.00pm. We ask that there is a representative from each family in attendance.
NW SUPER CUP FINALS (League winners v Cup winners)
will be held in the Aura Leisure Complex this Saturday 1st April with the two U14 finals being held at 10.00 am and the U16 finals at 12.00.
Our fixtures are:
10.00 am – Blaze U14 Girls V Sligo All Stars – Court 1
12.00 Noon – Blaze U16 Boys V Sligo All Stars – Court 1
12.00 Noon – Blaze U16 Girls V Donegal Town – Court 2
Please come along and support the players
Table Quiz in Arena 7 this Thursday 16th March.
The U14 and U16 girls are hosting a table quiz to help them with their expenses in playing in the All Ireland Club Championships next month. Both groups have qualified automatically being unbeaten all season. U14 girls will head to University of Limerick while the U16 girls make the trip to Kilkenny City.
The quiz starts at 9.30 until late. ALL SUPPORT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Letterkenny Blaze has arranged an Online Shop facility with Azzurri.ie whereby members can purchase direct from Azzurri. Follow the link below.
We, at Letterkenny Blaze are always looking for more parents or individuals with basketball experience (however limited) to get involved in our club. We currently would benefit with the help of additional personnel if we are to continue to operate the Development League in addition to the main Competitive League. The club currently has 350 juvenile members.
There are other areas in the club which require little basketball knowledge to carry out the various roles. If you feel you can help out your club please get in contact via the club secretary (details under Contact on this site).
Always remember Blaze is a club primarily run by the parents of the children who are members. WE NEED YOUR TALENT AND ASSISTANCE.
The club is running an in-house Coaching Course for Parents on Wednesday 28th September 2016 from 7.30pm – 9.30pm. St Eunan’s College gym
The course is being given by Coaches Laura and Declan.
The aim of the evening is to give parents the basic fundamentals of basketball so that they may be able to help out at training sessions with the younger age groups and support the lead coach. The evening will be fun and there will be a break for a chat with tea/coffee.
Blaze needs new parents to continue to come on board to assist with all aspects of the club. Every year the demands and expectations from parents are getting bigger but the reality is that we don’t have sufficient coaches to meet those demands. Remember all people, coaches and committee currently involved with Blaze are parents of children in the club themselves. They are already committing the spare time they can to the club. You too can help.